Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Vegging out with the tube

Good Morning and how can it be only Tuesday? I swear this is the longest week in history.

Yes, I watch TV. Wanted to get that out of the way first. A lot of people figure most TV melts your brain or something. I watch what I want, when I want. Don't judge me. OK, judge me, but I guess I'm mostly like anybody else.
Now, for us fellow TV watchers, this time of year can get a little exciting. The new shows are starting and there's always the hope one will be pretty good and stick.
I remember watching the first episode of 'Lost' in the Fall of 2004. I was hooked right away and didn't miss an episode (I even watched the dumb one where Jack gets his tattoo a couple of times).
Anyway, I can usually tell if it's something I'm going to like after a couple of viewings. I know a lot of people liked the show 'Fringe.' I watched it about a half dozen times and found it uninteresting.
So, there's been a lot of buzz about two shows that debuted last night. I watched 'The Blacklist,' and DRVd 'Hostages.'
They both have interesting concepts. I'll have to see about 'Hostages,' but I found myself zoning out during the premier of 'The Blacklist.'
James Spader is OK as a super-criminal, but the rest of the cast seems a little flimsy. I'll give it a couple of weeks, then see what happens.
By the way, thanks to 'Lost,' it seems every show has to have some kind of goofy twists. Just saying...

No comments: