Blogs > Rise and Shine

Good Morning everbody. Check here for your wake up call every day. We will have updated traffic, weather and few fun things to get you through the morning.

Monday, September 29, 2014

It was fun to run, but it was still crazy

Good Morning and let's hold a revival!!

I'm going to flash back to the morning of September 21.
The alarm went off at 5 a.m. (yes, that's early for a Sunday), because I (foolishly I thought) was going to run a half marathon downtown.
By Noon, having gone the full 13 miles (the last mile is a blur), I was sitting on the couch wondering how somebody like me could get it done.
Sure, I was able to 'run' the Broad Street Run in May, but that was kind of like a bucket-list thing. I needed a goal to keep exercising and I did it.
I remember the Monday after being a day my legs didn't much like the rest of my body. They actually refused to get up off the couch.
So, I got talked into doing the 13 miles and trained as best I could. The first 10 (what, 10 miles? You are crazy!) went pretty well. The last three, well, lets not talk about that. Anyway, I got it done.
This past Sunday, we were out for a better cause: childhood cancer.
At first, I thought I wasn't going to be able to even walk the 2 miles, but by yesterday morning I was longing to run.
Of course, I think I need a little more than a week recovery, but that's still a good sign to me,
Now, to find something for this weekend...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home