Monday, September 29, 2014

It was fun to run, but it was still crazy

Good Morning and let's hold a revival!!

I'm going to flash back to the morning of September 21.
The alarm went off at 5 a.m. (yes, that's early for a Sunday), because I (foolishly I thought) was going to run a half marathon downtown.
By Noon, having gone the full 13 miles (the last mile is a blur), I was sitting on the couch wondering how somebody like me could get it done.
Sure, I was able to 'run' the Broad Street Run in May, but that was kind of like a bucket-list thing. I needed a goal to keep exercising and I did it.
I remember the Monday after being a day my legs didn't much like the rest of my body. They actually refused to get up off the couch.
So, I got talked into doing the 13 miles and trained as best I could. The first 10 (what, 10 miles? You are crazy!) went pretty well. The last three, well, lets not talk about that. Anyway, I got it done.
This past Sunday, we were out for a better cause: childhood cancer.
At first, I thought I wasn't going to be able to even walk the 2 miles, but by yesterday morning I was longing to run.
Of course, I think I need a little more than a week recovery, but that's still a good sign to me,
Now, to find something for this weekend...

No comments: