Monday, September 15, 2014

Just a little bit nervous

Good Morning and here we are again!!

I decided to try something totally different earlier this year and ran the 10-mile Broad Street Run.
The training was tough considering I had never done any kind of distance run. Prior to starting to train last December, the most I had walked was back-and-forth to the refrigerator.
To say I was out of shape, well, that would be an understatement. I was the poster-boy for couch potatoes. When they talked about how American's didn't exercise enough and ate too many fatty foods, they were talking about me.
So, I was proud of myself for not only turning that part around, but actually completing the run. The fact I found it hard to walk the next day only made it better for some reason.
Two days later, my brother started texting me about running even further.
"You ran 10 miles, 3 miles more won't be so much," he pleaded (at least that's the way I see it). "There's a half marathon in Philly in September. Let's do it."
It took about a month of begging (OK, maybe he wasn't begging but I let myself believe it), I signed up for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Philadelphia.
I started my running again and tried (sometimes unsuccessfully) to eat right.
Well, the 13-mile run is this Sunday.
Really, can't you give me a couple more weeks?

No comments: