Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hey, it's nearly October

Good Morning and how about we take this day and bottle it up?

Sitting here this morning, it suddenly hit me tomorrow is October 1.
'Rocktober 1'  as certain old-time radio stations used to announce. Apparently, there's something called 'Hawktober' about to start on City Line Avenue. So, no matter what you call it, we are in the home stretch of 2014.
Which, to me, seems too soon, but time does march on. It's funny how you look back on the year and it seems so quick, but those long days at work seemed like a marathon.
I like to see October come rolling in.
It's still warm enough you don't need the heavy jacket, but there is a crispness in the air, right out on the edge. It's the best month for apples as well. Which, I'm sure you really needed to know.
Unfortunately, that means we will be seeing more stores start decorating for Christmas.
I've been able to keep my blinders on so far, but it's soon going to get out of hand.
I'll enjoy October for a couple of days, then the leaves will come down.

No comments: