Blogs > Rise and Shine

Good Morning everbody. Check here for your wake up call every day. We will have updated traffic, weather and few fun things to get you through the morning.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Reading and no rainbows

Good Morning and welcome back to the 'Net!

I picked up a Kindle about two years ago. I was heading on a trip and thought it would be better than taking along a couple of books.
In those two years, I've probably read more than I ever have in my life.
I enjoy reading all kinds of different books. When they are well-written, they truly do take you to different places. I'm of the idea now I'd rather read a book than see a movie.
Unfortunately, I don't know if reading is coming across to the next generation.
Most of the time, teachers tell students to read 20 minutes a night at home. I found out a couple of years ago, they can't actually assign that as homework (it would take time away from actual homework, I guess, was the reason), so they "recommend" reading.
For some (and a couple I know in my house), that means they can't be forced to read.
I don't get it. Using the Kindle or the Nook (I have both) makes it so easy to go from page-to-page.
I understand there's now beeps and whistles, but there can be so much more.
I guess it's a battle I won't give up.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home