Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rise and Shine ---- Is it really 2010?

Good Morning and welcome to an oil-spill free day!

So, while going through the usual Internet sites this morning, I stumbled upon THIS STORY out of Memphis.
So, some people fear they will face discrimination if the city puts in a ban against gay discrimination. Just when I thought maybe we were becoming more broad-minded, here comes another slap across the face.
So, we can be tolerant of some people, just as long as we don't have to actually be tolerant.
So says the genius behind the protest: "It's going to discriminate against people of faith who are Christians in their worldview, and I believe with all my heart that they have rights too," says Bellevue Baptist Church Pastor Steven Gaines.
Huh? I thought religion was all about accepting people. Guess I missed too many Sunday school classes.
Next, these groups are going to say hiring somebody is wrong because, well, we say so.
Actually, this might be another shortcoming of our now 24-hour news cycle. Every wacko with an opinion can get, at least, a couple of minutes on Fox.

No comments: