Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rise and Shine --- Lunch dilemma

Good Morning and if just one of my tomatoes would turn red, the world would be right!!!

So, for the first part of the summer, I was using the old stand-by for lunch: peanut butter and jelly. OK, sometimes I would mix it up and add some marshmallow.
Anyway, it seemed to be working out OK. It was quick, everybody was satisfied, time to move on to the rest of the day.
Well, a few weeks ago, I thought it would be better to mix it up a bit. I mean, PB&J is good and all, but it was time to get some vegetables into the diet.
So, one day I made some vegetable dumplings. Took a little more time and I heard the cries while I cut up the veggies and got the wonton wrappers ready.
When they were cooked, though, it was pretty tasty.
That lasted one week. Then, I went to salad. My crowd wasn't as happy about that. In fact, they boycotted.
OK, how about some spinach raviolis? Seems simple enough, especially with frozen ones.
Two liked it, one didn't. Chili? About 1/3 successful. Vegetable po-boys? About the same.
I'll keep trying, but the peanut butter is right there on the counter.

1 comment:

Al graco said...

Well chilli gets my vote, every single time!