Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rise and Shine --- They don't make them like they used to

Good Morning and what a lovely one it is at that!!

So, there's an ongoing battle at the house when the television is turned on.
If the Phillies are playing, we probably will check that out, then switch maybe to the food or travel channel. Maybe see if there is a good movie or some other show that will keep everybody's interest.
After a few minutes of this, though, I always get the request: "Can we watch a kid's show?"
I usually give in. After all, I remember all those years ago how much joy I got out of watching Rocky & Bullwinkle or Bugs Bunny or Spider-Man or Tom & Jerry.
Now, more often than not, the joy ends when we get to the new cartoons being shown. Things like some mind-numbing experience called 'Adventuretime' is the new fave. Not only is it annoying to hear, but I feel like my head is going to explode just having it on the television.
Don't even get me started on 'The Amazing World of Gumball' or 'The Regular Show.'
Now, I know there are always generation gaps. I don't think my parents particularly cared to see the latest adventures of 'Hong Kong Phooey.' This is different somehow.
Or maybe not. All I know is Bullwinkle had it right.

No comments: