Monday, December 19, 2011

Rise and Shine --- Long week

Good Morning and can the Eagles actually make the playoffs?!?

With all the Christmas lights twinkling and the tree decorated and the toy commercials showing children what they are 'missing,' it shouldn't be too surprising when the little ones get overstimulated.
It always does take me by surprise, though. They can see and smell Christmas morning and the presents and the trip to Gramdmom's for more gifts. They can feel the chill in the air and the thoughts of sugar plums (whatever they are) dancing in their hair.
They can't sleep, so they are always overtired. Add in the final week of school and, well, somehow I am surprised it's not worse.
Still, when they are at each others throats this week over little things, I have to remember what's ahead. I have to remember it's just a week before Christmas and everything is shaded.
Using the old Santa Claus is watching trick doesn't work anymore (did it ever?), so I'll have to just grit my teeth and let it roll off.
That and some rum balls. Lots of rum balls.

No comments: