Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Funny thing happened on the way

Good Morning and this is a break from the humidity?

So, right before I was to leave for vacation last week, I received an e-mail: "Congratulations, you have won two tickets to see Flock of Seagulls."
After I stopped laughing and realized this was a real message, well, OK, I laughed a lot more.
I asked if Flock of Seagulls had more than one song. Uh, never heard any more, but they probably had a few more.
So, figuring this had to be one of those experiences that will never be repeated, I went downtown to actually watch a Flock of Seagulls concert (Hey, it was free!!).
What I found was a bunch of people like myself who had memories from the 1980s. Maybe we were just trying to see something like an old movie or whatever.
I did reconfirm my suspicions that the music of the 80s still stinks and Flock of Seagulls, well, with the exception of that one song, are awful.
Still, where else can you relive your youth for a few hours? OK, maybe my head wouldn't have hurt so much if I watched the 'Breakfast Club' instead.

No comments: