Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mr. T? Whatever happened to Mr. T?

Good Morning and welcome back to the 'Net!

Remember that old actor Mr. T? Yeah, the one who was in Rocky III and the only real reason to watch the A-Team every week.
His catch phrase was: "Pain."
Well, as I continue my foray into the running world (OK, it's more like the speed walking world. OK, you got me, walking world), I'm starting to feel that pain.
Woke up today with a dull throbbing in my thigh muscles after probably overdoing it a bit yesterday on the treadmill, elliptical, bike and track.
I want to prove those naysayers out there that his can be done. I want to prove to myself that I can stick with it all. I want a large pepperoni pizza with extra cheese.
As I pulled myself out of bed this morning I had a flashback to many a moon ago.
When I was in 8th grade, I decided to join the football team. While the hits took a bit out of me, it was all the other practice stuff that was tough, especially the running.
One night, I could fall asleep as my legs throbbed with pain. I lay there thinking, "What the heck am I doing? This is ridiculous!"
I wasn't going to give up then and I'm not now.
If I see Mr. T at the front door, though, all bets are off.
By the way, help me keep going to the Broad Street Run by 'liking' my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/helpvincerun). I need all the inspiration I can get.

No comments: