Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Shoot, what happened to the 76ers

Good Morning and I think I can smell spring!

I've always been a 76ers fan.
Growing up, I was lucky enough to see some of the greatest teams in the history of the franchise.
I remember exactly where I was when the 76ers blew the 1977 championship to Seattle. I remember the Doc telling everybody "We owe you one."
Of course, that "one" didn't come until 1983, but it was still glorious.
This year for Christmas, I purchased a four-game plan and have been taking the children down to watch.
The last game, the 9-year old girl said, "The 76ers have a neat opening, but they sure can't play basketball."
I laughed.
Last night, the 76ers lost by 43 points to the Golden State Warriors. The night before, they lost by 45 to Clippers.
Yes, we knew the team was going to be bad this year. Actually, most were hoping they would be bad. In the NBA these days, you can't win without being bad and drafting well.
Losing by a combined 88 points in back-to-back games, though?
I don't think anybody is laughing now.

No comments: