Friday, September 26, 2008

Rise and Shine

Good Morning everybody hoping for a bailout of their own!

First and announcement: I am suspending my presidential campaign until the bad weather passes. Once the rain stops and the sun comes back out, I will feel the time is right to resume my campaign. Until then, there is a lot of work to do. I have to find an umbrella, dry out the dogs and use the window wipers on the car. There is much work to be done here.

This is as good a time as any to thank John McCain for giving us a brand-new excuse to change things up when our poll numbers are down.
Just think of the possibilities:
n I am suspending my bill paying until I build up enough money to pay such bills. Until that time, there is work to be done and that can't involve writing checks.
n I am suspending driving to work until gas prices go down to a 1980 level. Paying $3.55 a gallon is way too much for me to continue going to work.
n I am suspending my responsibilities to get out of bed. The rain is falling and there's no better place to be than under the covers. I will emerge once the rain stops.
n I am suspending the goal of eating healthy. In these times, it's a lot easier, and yummier, to eat doughnuts and cookies all day. Until the tide changes, the consumption of vegetables must stop.
n I am suspending my exercise regime. Until the doughnuts run out, exercise is just an effort in futility.
n I am suspending my driving habit of actually stopping at stop signs. If nobody else in Delaware County is going to follow the rules, why should I.
n I am suspending my drinking of tequila. Um.... never mind.
Really, this can work with everything. So, thank you John McCain, you may not be a future president, but you are already acting like one.
By the way...


If you have any cool links or photos, send them along to mailto:onlinedelco@gmail.com

No comments: