Blogs > Rise and Shine

Good Morning everbody. Check here for your wake up call every day. We will have updated traffic, weather and few fun things to get you through the morning.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rise and Shine --- Yes, it's started

Good Morning and welcome to a much more pleasant day!

I knew there was going to be trouble a couple of weeks ago. In a last-minute attempt to pick up some eyballs for a Halloween party, I found instead decorated trees.
When I looked down the aisle I had seen the treats just a couple of days before, there were Nutcrackers and chocolate Santas.
It was all I could do to not run out of the store screaming.
Look, I know how retail stores have to extend the holiday season as long as they can. Having worked in a store the last couple of Christmas seasons, I know it is the most important time of the year. (Not a day didn't go past where the manager left a little note above the employee entrance that simply said, "Sell, Sell, Sell").
I know in this economy that isn't quite as good as some would like you to believe, the holidays might make the difference between staying open and boarding up.
Still, I don't want to see it. I used to get laughed at because I didn't want to to do any Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving (although, truth be told, I have a couple of things this year).
Who knows, next year we might be hearing the sleigh bells mixed in with the fireworks July 4th.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home