Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rise and Shine --- Yes, it's started

Good Morning and welcome to a much more pleasant day!

I knew there was going to be trouble a couple of weeks ago. In a last-minute attempt to pick up some eyballs for a Halloween party, I found instead decorated trees.
When I looked down the aisle I had seen the treats just a couple of days before, there were Nutcrackers and chocolate Santas.
It was all I could do to not run out of the store screaming.
Look, I know how retail stores have to extend the holiday season as long as they can. Having worked in a store the last couple of Christmas seasons, I know it is the most important time of the year. (Not a day didn't go past where the manager left a little note above the employee entrance that simply said, "Sell, Sell, Sell").
I know in this economy that isn't quite as good as some would like you to believe, the holidays might make the difference between staying open and boarding up.
Still, I don't want to see it. I used to get laughed at because I didn't want to to do any Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving (although, truth be told, I have a couple of things this year).
Who knows, next year we might be hearing the sleigh bells mixed in with the fireworks July 4th.

No comments: