Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rise and Shine --- Veg Out

Good Morning and welcome to a (hopefully) dry day!

I certainly don't watch as much television as in the past. Part of it has to do with the time my alarm goes off every morning (3:30 a.m.). Part of it is, with three young children, there's not much time to just sit in front of the television.
Well, at least as much time to watch prime time shows. Now, when the television is on, it's usually tuned into Cartoon Network. I know more about 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' and 'Ben 10' than I really ever hoped to know.
I still do try to veg out once in a while, but following any kind of show is a little harder.
I do make time to watch '24' and, starting next Tuesday, 'Lost.'
Now, that's escapism (at least to me).
So, the last couple of weeks I was able to catch the beginning of the new season of '24.' Now, if anybody has watched the show through it's eight years on the air, you know the plot. Keifer Sutherland will have 'the worst day ever' then save the world. Already through the first five hours this year, Jack Bauer's been tasered, beaten while tied to a chair, crashed a car and saved two 'bad guys' so he could get the information.
Just one day, though, it would be interesting to see him eat a meal or take a nap. Then again, the world wouldn't be saved.

No comments: