Monday, May 3, 2010

Rise and Shine --- The heat

Good Morning and welcome to a brand new week!

One think I really like to do is procrastinate. As long as I can remember, I put things off until the last minute.
Some would call it lazy. Others get frustrated (you know who you are). I, on the other hand, say it's because I like to work on deadline (sounds good, doesn't it?).
It's gotten me in trouble more than once (or more than a million times), but, you know, I would miss out on the fun.
So, after playing some baseball on the front lawn Saturday afternoon and losing the ball in the jungle-like grass, I figured it was time to pull out the lawn mower.
Then, glancing over at the hedges, saw I also needed to grab the cutters.
Of course, it's not like we could have a normal spring. So, in heat that seemed more suited for August, I was out there Sunday cutting hedges and grass. Much to the humor of the neighbor.
After spending most (the whole?) day cutting through the tundra, it was done.
Now, I can get to the kitchen. Well, at least that's the plan.
Then again, with somebody heading to Boston to take a ride in an Osprey, there are other things to worry about.

No comments: