Blogs > Rise and Shine

Good Morning everbody. Check here for your wake up call every day. We will have updated traffic, weather and few fun things to get you through the morning.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Rise and Shine --- Blast from the past

Good Morning and welcome to a summer weekend!

Watching the videos we had online about the playground build in Haverford brought back a lot of memories.
Five years ago, I was part of a build while living in Elkins Park. It was the same deal, there were years of planning, fund raising, a road race and, finally, the build.
It was an exhilarating, exhausting experience that still brings back a twinge of pain in my back every time I think about it.
Still, after taking a ride over there yesterday afternoon, it's still amazing. The experience of working with people, taking something from nothing to a beautiful playground that will be there for years to come is, in the end, overwhelming.
So, with the sun shining, we walked around the playground and I was able to point out each nail I hammered and every piece of wood I cut.
The best part, at least to me, is the little things I put in (and maybe other people as well). When each part was done, I made sure to leave the name of a couple of children I know underneath.
They are still there. Hopefully, they will be there 20 years from now and I can go back and remember.
I'm sure everybody who worked so hard in Haverford last week will have the same memories.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home